Thursday, February 10, 2011

Birthday Week

So I asked Anna what she wanted for her birthday.  At first, she just named things she got for Christmas.  She said she wanted letters, a little house, big heavy house, with "peoples inside," and she wanted to close doors.  I asked again, and she said she wanted presents.  We settled on sand, a shovel, and a bucket.  She told me several times that she wanted a bucket, so I guess I ought to get her another bucket.

At least a bucket is a realistic gift.  On Monday, she wanted a tail, on Tuesday, she wanted her Mommy to have a tail, and yesterday, she wanted a mustache and a tail.  She started out with "Anna have a tail?," and moved on yesterday to "Anna get a tail?"  She was very disappointed about both her and her Mommy's lack of tails or the potential to acquire them.  She was very upset about the lack of tails.  When she's older and wants to wear makeup and talk to boys, I can't wait to tell her she used to wish she had a mustache and a tail.  In the meantime, I need to come up with a couple of toys to go along with that bucket.   

I'd also like to find her some kind of clock that she can't easily break.  She loves clocks.  She talks about them, stops and studies them, and cries, yest cries, when we leave the aisle with all the clocks at the store.  I don't know if a toy clock will do, but it might be my only choice.  But with just a few days til her birthday, and serious issues about space and seating for my family at her little party, I guess I'll just get the bucket and a couple toys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment