Friday, July 1, 2011

7-1-11

Posted from the phone, haven't proofread yet.

Well, I got a little lazy this week. We didn't go on as many "adventures" as we normally would. Today, with the threat of rain looming all day long, Anna and I just stayed home. We watched Curious George cartoons and she helped me feed the birds and do some light yard work. Yesterday, we went out to McCloud, talked to the park employees, played with smokey (the cat), and met a bunny named Oreo. Then we were of to the woods to play in the rocks with Anna's bucket an sand shovels. I took lots of pictures, but I can't upload them straight from my phone.
Tuesday, we went to Ellis Park in Danville, the granddaddy of municipal parks (although Washington Township Park is growing on us too). Anna played on the shady playground while I ate my lunch from Hardees, but the place was crowded with a bus load of day car kids. So we moved on to the creek where we ran into Liz from church and her three kids; Cole, Peyton, and little baby Emelia, whom Anna has been talking about since Tuesday now. We played in the water til well past naptime, and headed home. Anna fell asleep as usual, and I got to carry my sweet little girl in an tuck her in to her big girl bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment