Saturday, July 30, 2011

It's a boy!

Well, I'm about three weeks late posting this, but the title speaks for itself.




My little girl still doesn't understand that she will have to share her Mommy with this little guy.  She knows she's going to be a big sister.  She knows she's going to have a little brother.  But she still says the "baby's mommy will come back and get him."

We're pretty excited about it all.  I'm a little overwhelmed, still cleaning out the hoarder room (mostly, Tammy is cleaning it - better organizational skills.  I'm just doing the heavy lifting).  

Our little boy is a kicker.  He likes to try to reach out and respond to my voice when I talk to him.  Just like with Anna, I always end with "This is Daddy, and  I love you."  Anna was really comfortable with her Daddy's voice (as well as her Mommy's, of course) from day one. 


So far, we've found he either really likes the song Heart of Gold by Neal Young, or he really hates it.  Either way, he is very responsive to music and voices.  I'm pretty excited about that.  It's just normal development, but with a little baby, that's exciting stuff.  I'm so thankful to God that our little guy is doing well and is healthy so far, and that our little girl is so excited about being a big sister...even if she doesn't yet realize that she and little bro have to share Momma and Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment