Friday, April 1, 2011


No type of weather can stop my little girl from wanting to go outside.  It was actually 50+ degrees when we took this picture.  There was just so much snow and ice, it took about two days that warm to melt it all away.  This was one of the most fun days she's had yet in a park.  She got to swing, slide, and walk around in snow for two hours without getting cold.

Anna LOVES "birdies," so I built her a bird feeder.  That's entirely built out of scrap materials (excluding screws and wood stain).  It turned out pretty nice, and doesn't look like it in the picture, but it will hold about 10-13 pounds of birdseed.  So we don't have to fill it very often.  I also used some galvanized roof flashing on the bottom surface to help prevent wood rot.  Hopefully, it will last for a long time.  Strangely enough, since we've set it up, it attracts birds like it should, but also brings...rabbits.  Turns out Anna likes watching rabbits graze on the all the seeds that the birds drop on the ground. 
Anna and Daddy at the Nature Park.

"Doctor Anna"
She put on one of my dress shirts and went around saying "I'm a doctor."
What a fun day.

Williams Park.  She loved this thing.  I would lift her up and balance her on my knee so she could look through the opening and say "hel-lo-o" over and over.  I was actually back there with her and stretching my arm around to the other side of the wall to take the pictures.
Williams Park again...We did this for quite a while.

"Hel-lo-oooooo!"


Yes, this park is "toddler friendly."  But that little tunnel thing was not exactly Daddy friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment